CUT OUT RIGGING

Hello everybody!

I have a question, related to the cut out rigging on toonboom.

I have been useing toonboom for 2 years now, and all the rigs I have done were like this:

I used to create all the rigg having all the turn around drawn, with each separated part.

I just want to know if it’s possible or a god idea, to create in one folder the front view rig, save it in the stage library inside a folder. Then do the same with the 3 quarter view rig, and again with the side view…

I mean is this a good idea, or it doesn’t mind? Or does it generates problems at the animation process?

If the scales are ecual, and all the views riggs are saved on a common folder on the stage library, will it generate problems when importing it to the animation scene?

Thanks!!!

Harmony Premium has tools to set your puppet’s multiple views, it’s called Multi-pose (when talking about deformation chains)
If you’re not talking about deformers, I guess it’s simpler just having drawing substitutions on each element representing different views.

On my opinion, it’s easier to animate a puppet when all the views are set into one single rig. But in the end, it’s more important what you feel comfortable with. It shouldn’t generate problems, I find a bit annoying having to change expositions between elements on different rigs, I imagine it could be troublesome to make adjustments to the animation when polishing your work.