Cut eye not rendering

I have a character set up in Toon Boom Harmony. It has two heads which I between when I want to have him facing towards the camera or looking to the side. On both of those, I have a Cutter that uses a matte drawing to mask out the eye and allow the iris to not go beyond the eye.

It works just fine in the preview, but when I try to render it with the head side view, the iris vanishes completely. But it works fine with the eye of the head that looks towards the camera.

I’m at a loss of how to fix this or what the problem even is. Doesn’t seem to matter where in the network the cutter is connected.

I ended up creating a brand new eye, iris and matte and cutter by copy and pasting the previous one’s linework and fills, and it fixed it. So I have no idea what I did to the previous ones. But at least it works now, even if I have to re-animate that bit.

Do you think it has anything to do with the sub-layers your objects are on? Outline layer, Fill layer, etc?

Are you doing a real render or a “record and play”?

Can you show the network?
Specifically how the cutter is applied in the scene.

Hello,

I just finished creating/ animating a character, but when I render out the frames/video, anything with a cutter on it does not render at all. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks,
-Brian

Hi there,
Try go to Layer Properties of the Composite Node and change Mode from As Bitmap/As Vector to Pass Through. It works for me, hope this help!