Custom Keyboard Shortcuts not saving or loading

Hello!

I’m having to reset my custom keyboard shortcuts every time I open Storyboard Pro, which is super frustrating, since I like to set mine very differently than the default shortcuts.

I’m using Storyboard Pro Version 14.20.4 on a Mac Pro running MacOS version 10.14.6 (Mojave).

I’m seeing in “…User⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Preferences⁩ ▸ ⁨Toon Boom Animation⁩ ▸ ⁨Toon Boom Storyboard Pro ▸ full-14200-pref ▸ Shortcuts.xml” that the edits I’ve made are being saved correctly into the .xml file. However, when I load the application, they aren’t being loaded. So, it seems like it’s a loading issue, rather than a saving issue, but I’m not entirely sure.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

I’ve attached a screenshot of what my shortcuts preferences look like, in case it’s a syntax issue there…

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 9.11.26 AM.jpg

Hello cameronclarkfilm,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you seem to be on Storyboard Pro 6?

Can you compare your file before opening Storyboard Pro, after opening Storyboard Pro and after setting your settings to whatever they want to be? I’m curious to see if the .XML file you are pointing to is being altered in any way.

Please note that if you upgrade to Storyboard Pro 7, we have added an easy to use import/export Keyboard shortcuts option: https://docs.toonboom.com/help/storyboard-pro-7/keyboard-shortcuts/import-keyboard-shortcut-set.html

Hi, thanks for the response!

It looks like the .xml file is indeed being altered. When I add a new hotkey, it gets added to the .xml list in real time. And when I quit storyboard pro, the changes to the .xml files stay. And then when I open storyboard pro again, they are still in the .xml file, but the hotkeys are not active in the application. So, it looks like the app can write to that file, but isn’t reading it. Any idea what that could be? Is there a way to change where that file is stored and read from and see if changing the path helps?

edit: And yes, I’m on storyboard pro 6. Might be time for 7, but I’m always concerned about jumping versions mid-project in any software…

Hello Cameron,

In terms of what’s possible, I would suggest reaching out to our support team at desk@toonboom.com and they’ll be able to tell you for sure if there is a way to get your hotkey .XML to properly sync with Storyboard Pro.

As for upgrading to 7, we do have a free trial of 7 for 21 days if you’d like to use that concurrently with 6 and experiment with.