Curve Editing Difficulties - Import from CorelDraw???

Hello,

Just installed ToonBoom Animate PLE and I’ve been trying to learn to use it. But I’ve been finding the curve-editing tools difficult to use. I draw a curve with the pencil tool and it determines my curve (usually getting it wrong) so I need to edit it and reshape it as needed. There are usually insufficient nodes and I need to add new ones or delete existing ones but I can’t figure out how to do this.

I’m used to using CorelDraw (X3) where curve-editing is highly intuitive (double clicking adds a node, double clicking a node deletes it and a single click and a click on on icon achieves the same thing - or to delete, single click on the node and press “delete”).

I can’t find the appropriate tools in ToonBoom, and Help doesn’t seem to be helping me.

So I’ve been drawing in CorelDraw instead, which can export as Illustrator or PDF format - I’ve tried importing the exported Illustrator file, but when I tried to drag the contents to the timeline, nothing happened.

What am I doing wrong?

I’ve now upgraded to CorelDraw X4 in the hope that its support for CS3 file formats might fi the problem, and I haven’t tried porting as a PDF yet, but I’d appreciate any advice you can give me.

Kind Regards
Dave

Would like to have more information but basically when you want to use the contour editor tool. With this, you can add/remove control point (to add, press and hold control key and click left mouse on the line. To remove, just press delete after selecting the control point – orange dot) edit the curve. I do not know if you have gone through the getting started guide but check it on page 43 for more details. If you do not know where to get it, go to http://www.toonboom.com/products/animate/eLearning/ and you will find more information from there.