Curser offset with multiple monitors. -Animate 2 PLE

I’ve tried looking this up within in the forums, the known issues form and as a general web search, but I wasn’t able to find any other posting that addressed this issue.

I am currently running two monitors with different resolutions (funding issues!) and run into the problem that my pen/pencil/eraser/etc. strokes do not appear under my curser, but are offset to the left of the curser position. The offset increases exponentially as I move toward the left edge of the drawing area. This offset only occurs with the tablet and not when using the mouse. The offset does not occur in Photoshop, Illustrator, paint or any other program.

In example, if I have my curser at the right edge of the drawing area and draw a vertical line, the line will appear offset to the left by approximately 50 pixels. If I draw that same line 50 pixels to the left (trace the line that I just drew), the drawing will appear 100 pixels away. All measurements are just an estimate, I’ve not measured the offset, though the effect is exponential. By about the middle of the drawing area, anything I draw is off screen.

If I go into my hardware settings and completely disable the second monitor, the program works as intended with no offset occurring.

What I’m looking for is a solution to this problem as I’d like to not have to disable my second monitor when using Animate.

Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 6200, monitor resolutions are 1280x1024 (monitor 1) and 1024x768 (monitor 2), graphics tablet is a Genius MousePen 6x8.

I don’t have a Wacom tablet, I’m using a Genius MousePen. Unfortunately, there’s no way to reset preferences that I can find.

This is most likely a problem with the driver for your tablet. Go into the Wacom Tablet Properties and delete all preferences. Then relaunch the program and try again. Do you still have the same problem?

~Lilly

I’m not sure how much support we can provide for other tablets, but why don’t you go ahead and email support@toonboom.com and see if there’s anything they can do to help you get this sorted out.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support