Creating Animated Buttons for Website

Hiya everyone,

I was wondering is it possible to create animated, Flash-format buttons for Website navigation within Animate 2? Has anyone done this? They would be exported as .swf format.

I ask because I am thinking that when I export, it would export all inside the camera view - rather than just the small button I am animating.

Please let me know if there is a way of creating just an animation for the little button images.

Best regards,
Shanners.

This would be perfect, but how did you export as a GIF… or did you use a converter - and if so, which one?

Also… Is there a way of exporting a single image without the lack fill-in to the background? In other words, just the pure subject image and nothing else?

This would really help.

Well what you can do is you can create a small scene size that will be the size of your button. In the case of my icon here, I created a scene size of 100 x 100 pixels, so then I could export it at the desired size.

Of course I was doing an animated gif, not a swf, but the principle should be the same.

Just go to Scene > Scene Settings and create a new custom resolution for your button.

~Lilly

I just exported my animation as a Quicktime movie then used a converter to change it into an animated GIF. I used Photoshop because I have it already but there are many converters available.

If you want to export without a background, then you need to make sure that you’re exporting with an alpha channel. In the case of a Quicktime movie, you need to go into the movie options and select Millions of Colours +.

If you’re exporting an image sequence, then you need to select a 4-channel image like PNG4, TGA4, PSD4, etc.

Hope this helps.

~Lilly