Create keyframe instance

This is a request for a function that allowed a keyframe’s peg properties to be copied and automatically updated based on what is done on another keyframe. It would be similar to what we do on drawings, but with the properties of the peg.

That would be super useful for creating and editing cycles.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

If you copy (Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V) a peg that already has keyframes (and that way functions assigned to the keyframable attributes) the new peg will have the same functions assigned to it as the originial.

That means that when you create a keyframe on the original peg the copied one will get the same keyframe and vice versa.

Is that what you are looking for?

No. I know how to copy a keyframe. What is being proposed here is a new feature.

What I am talking about is a way to make an specific keyframe (peg information) an instance of another keyframe.

So if I am doing a cycle with keyframes on 123456 and want to repeat 123456, multiple times, instead of having to keep copying and pasting the keyframes, I would just mark a specific keyframe as instance. So every time I change frame number 6 it will automatically update the peg information to every moment on the timeline that frame 6 is repeated.

Hi,

Indeed, the requested feature does not exist (yet?) in Harmony.

But, maybe, the “Loop Node” might help you out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings!

Mel from Toon Boom here.

The loop node is indeed a very good option.

Another option would be to use the paste cycle command, available when you right click in the timeline.

Did you try to copy and paste the peg? Doing so will make the two pegs exaclty the same! Maybe this can help you out.

Have a nice day!

• MEL
1 Like