Crash after creating new project

I just installed 3.5 and as soon as I create a new project TBS 3.5 crashes right away. This what the crash header says. i am using an ATI Radeon 9700 128 video card.

AppName: tbs.exe AppVer: 3.5.0.0 ModName: atioglxx.dll
ModVer: 6.14.10.5695 Offset: 001525cf

From the read me:

Full Scene OpenGL Antialiasing is not supported on some ATI and Intel video card models. All Nvidia cards are supported. Antialising can be activated manualy on ATI cards using the Catalyst Control Panel. Toon Boom Studio needs to be set to Direct3D in order to work properly.

Dale

Thanks, I updated the drivers and now it works ;D
I should have thought and checked that first, but you are right there is no anti-aliasing that i can see so far.

Den

Another thing I have found tinkering with the Catalyst Control Panel is that the anti-aliasing control section has to have the option of the application itself setting the level of anti-aliasing, by unchecking that setting and setting it your self it is crash time every time.

I would be interested if anybody else comes up with a way to have anti-aliasing work with Radeon 9700 cards.

Turning on Anti-Aliasing for my Radeon 9550 makes TBS3.5 crash in Open GL, but turning Anti-Aliasing of it seems to run fine.

I was looking forward to the anti-aliasing, but seems ATI users aren’t going to get it?

Hi guys,

If you want to use antialiasing with an ATI, first set Toon Boom Studio to use Direct3D in the preferences. Then in the Catalyst Control Panel, remove the “application control” checkbox in the antialiasing section and then set and level of anti aliasing. TBS’s default level is 8x.

This works very well on my Dell laptop computer (ATI X1300).

Let me know if that works for you!