Couple of basic queries from a newbie

Hello everyone.

I’m trying to help someone sort out some problems he’s having with Storyboard 2 Pro on a new PC. Some of the problems may relate to an OS re-install, but rather than go through a rather long-winded explanation of that whole process, answers to a couple of SB-related questions would be gratefully received, and would help me trouble-shoot the whole thing, as I’m totally new to SB (but not PC trouble-shooting).

After initially installing an earlier version of SB, the artist in question uninstalled it, and then installed SB 2 Pro, which may have some bearing on matters too.

The artist says he used to be able to double-click on Storyboard back-up files, and they’d open straight into the main editing/drawing window of Storyboard. Now, when double-clicking them, a window opens, asking (IIRC) where he’d like to save the back-up file (I’m guessing SB uncompresses the back-up file, saves it as a Storyboard file, and then proceeds to open it). When I had a look through the SB pdf Help manual, this appeared to be normal behaviour. Is it possible to double-click on back-up files and have them open straight into SB’s main editing/drawing window instead?

If a re-install of SB is called for, is there a way to export all of his personalised setting/preferences?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards, Jon.

Hi, Jon,
The preferences file for the user is under:
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Storyboard Pro
You can copy and replace this one to the new computer.
What’s the format of these storyboard backup files ?
Thanks
Wei