Couple of basic queries from a newbie

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to help someone sort out some problems he’s having with Storyboard 2 Pro on a new PC. Some of the problems may relate to an OS re-install, but rather than go through a rather long-winded explanation of that whole process, answers to a couple of SB-related questions would be gratefully received, and would help me trouble-shoot the whole thing, as I’m totally new to SB (but not PC trouble-shooting).

After initially installing an earlier version of SB, the artist in question uninstalled it, and then installed SB 2 Pro, which may have some bearing on matters too.

The artist says he used to be able to double-click on Storyboard back-up files, and they’d open straight into the main editing/drawing window of Storyboard. Now, when double-clicking them, a window opens, asking (IIRC) where he’d like to save the back-up file (I’m guessing SB uncompresses the back-up file, saves it as a Storyboard file, and then proceeds to open it). When I had a look through the SB pdf Help manual, this appeared to be normal behaviour. Is it possible to double-click on back-up files and have them open straight into SB’s main editing/drawing window instead?

If a re-install of SB is called for, is there a way to export all of his personalised setting/preferences?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello Tony,

Can you provide us a bit more technical information on the artist’s setup? I’ve noticed that you’ve said it is a new PC, so if it is not too much to ask, can you open the search bar and run a program called Dxdiag? It’ll give you more technical info about the computer, such as Computer Processor, Graphics Card, Graphics Card Driver version, Operating System information and the total amount of RAM. Since this is a new computer and Storyboard Pro 2 is older software, we would like to just check on compatibility differences.

I also have a question about changed behaviour such as this: "The artist says he used to be able to double-click on Storyboard back-up files, and they’d open straight into the main editing/drawing window of Storyboard."Was the artist on a different OS before when they noticed this behaviour, such as Windows 7 and now they are on Windows 10? (As an example).

Answering the above will allow me to loop our support team into this with as much information as possible, which always helps them when looking into issues such as this.

Thanks!