corrupted project

hi all -

have a five scene project that lately whenever i try to bring in just crashes toonboom … vista o/s … i am figuring the file is corrupted … second time this has happened with this file … brought in an old backup and rebuilt a lot of the scenes … saved it, brought it in, crashed tb4 … i know there is a way i can create a new project, use the same element names and then copy back in the .tbd files but can’t figure out how …i can import the image elements but not the drawing ones… i have created a new project, created an element with the same tbd file name, then used a copy/paste into the drawing folder for that scene … the files copy fine but i cannot find where they appear in the project so they can be brought into the element … thanks, dan

Hi Pat,

Structure of the project should be the following:

-Project Folder
-------Folder for scene 001
--------------Folder for all the Bitmaps of the scene
--------------Folder for all the Drawings of the scene
-------Folder for scene 002
-------Folder for scene 003
-------Folder for scene …
-------Folder for Sound
-------Folder for Templates
-------TBP file

Therefore if you are looking for the drawings of the project they should be in the Drawing folder of the scene you are currently recreating. Be aware that you need to create those drawings beforehand and at least draw a single stroke in each of them before you do the swapping of the file because if the drawings have nothing in them no file will be created which won’t allow you to swap anything.

Hope that is what you were looking for.

Best regards,

Ugo