Constant Velocity

I am trying to animate a person running with their back to the camera with the background coming towards the camera. When I set the motion path for the background, the top and side view show a constant velocity. However, the camera view shows it starting slow and getting faster and that is what it looks like when exported.

I am really frustrated trying to get the background to go from one point to another at a constant velocity. Nothing in the function editor helps at all. Please tell me how to get rid of this slow acceleration that refuses to go.

Thanks

Warren

Hi Warren,

There should not be any acceleration set by default but in any case if you want to make sure there is no acceleration simply make sure there is no curves in the function editor, only a straight line from beginning to the end (in velocity especially).

Else then that make sure to check the peg of the camera too for it may have the ease in and out.

Regards,

Ugo

Thanks Ugo, but nothing gets rid of the velocity function that is causing the slow start and rapid finish. Even setting a linear gradient doesn’t resolve this. If I flat line in the function editor, there is no movement despite having a motion path outlined in the top and side view.

All I am trying to do is have a drawing come towards the camera at a constant pace.

Thanks

Warren

Hi,

Be aware that you should never have a Flat Line in the Velocity editor. A flat line would mean that the element needs to be at multiple places at the same time and this will result in quite awkward results when you playback your material.

In velocity there needs to be a straight line going up from beginning to end. If all else fails you could always try to provide us the project so we can give a look at it.

Regards,

Ugo