Constant Crashing in Color Picker - Harmony 12 Premium

I have a Windows 10 PC that was recently reformatted and reset with a clean install of Harmony 12 Premium.

Almost immediately, Harmony 12 began showing signs of constant crashing while playing around the Color Picker view.

This usually happens when I am trying to pick a color in the graph (click on it) and/or selecting gradient or solid types of colors.

The crashes persisted in:

-Newly made Scenes.
-Opened older scenes.
-When Harmony is the first and sometimes only major resource intensive program running after a restart.
-Windows 10 is fully updated.

This type of problem has only been prevalent after my upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and again… with a formatting of my C drive and a clean install of Harmony 12 Premium 12.2.0 (10711).

The crashes are so consistent, that the program is becoming unreliable, and I may need to switch to (sigh) Flash in order to continue on with my current projects.

Anybody knows what may be going wrong, or what type of things I can do to assist in solving it?

Specs of Machine:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Video: GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD REV2.0 GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5

Consider updating your graphic card driver or contact support to
make sure that your graphic card’s settings are not set to use features
that are not supported by the card. Graphic card driver settings can
sometimes change from their defaults following a Windows update.
In your case it’s odd that a newly installed graphic driver would use
bad settings but if it does, try installing a different version of the driver.

You may be able to get more info from the Windows Event Viewer:
Application Event Log details for the Harmony crash.

Just to report back on this issue:

I updated my nVidia card, thought it may have made a difference, however, Harmony seems to still crash with the color picker.

Event viewer listed this error:

Faulting application name: HarmonyPremium.exe, version: 12.2.0.10711, time stamp: 0x56157a26
Faulting module name: ToonBoomBaseCore.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x561578c2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000008a5f0
Faulting process id: 0x3860
Faulting application start time: 0x01d153c24d2cae16
Faulting application path: B:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony 12.2 Premium\win64\bin\HarmonyPremium.exe
Faulting module path: B:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony 12.2 Premium\win64\bin\ToonBoomBaseCore.dll
Report Id: 94cc06cb-5779-4e53-afb2-252205cf36db
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The crashes SEEM to be less consistent. I have actually been able to function within the program this time, although, I’m not sure if this is basically some luck of the draw, or if I will revert to frequently having crashes every few minutes with the program like I did previously.

But the crashes still occur, just less frequently.

Can you swap out your nvidia card entirely and use another gpu or onboard to test? Since toonboom uses the 3d gpu for the opengl render its possible its crashing due to your gpu failing, but it’s hard to say unless you swap it out to test.