Common Tablets problems

Thanks Ugo, I’ll work on it.

If I come up with anything significant I’ll post it. Meanwhile I’ve been getting to grips with using Toonboom - I really like it.

Cheers

Bren

Ugo,

I have problems with my Wacom Tablet, where when I try to draw on my ToonBoom software, I only get a dot.

Even when I try to draw lines, I get a dot.

Even with the eraser tool. I have a Macintosh(Tiger), ToonBoom v4.0 and I want to know how to fix this problem!

I’ve been trying for months, can you give me an answer?

And I’ve checked the other threads where MANY have this problem too, none that I have read really made sense to me.

Can you explain in stupid people words? Or less confusing? :-[

That’d be great!

Sincerely,

Duckeh

Hi,

First thing you need to do is to go get the latest version of Toon Boom Studio v4.0 from your My Account>My Products section. Download it and install it over your current install. The behavior you have been experiencing should be fixed in this new version.

If you still keep on getting that behavior afterward simply lift your pen away from your tablet for a couple of seconds and bring it back closer to the tablet afterward. This should reset the signal and fix this situation.

Best regards,

Ugo

I am having a problem with the pressure sensitivity not working as well. I am using a Dell XPS pc and a Genius tablet. Does Toonboom Studio support pressure sensitivity with this tablet?

Hi,

The Genius brand was never officially tested so we cannot guarantee all the features of the tablet will be fully supported. Maybe some other users on the forum have tried it and made it work. You might want to search for Genius tablet on the forum and see if you can find something helpful to fix this.

Best regards,

Ugo

I’m not getting any pressure sensitivity with my Cintiq 20wsx. I’m running TB version 4.5. Does it have something to do with the fact that i’m on Vista 64? I’ve downloaded the latest drivers from wacom… but nothing seems to work.

At first it was hardly drawing correctly at all until i disabled the tablet pc stuff in the Windows components. Now it seems to be drawing smoothly… i just don’t have any pressure sensitivity. Thanks in advance for any help!

Video Card: Quadro FX 1300. Two monitors, Cintiq 20wsx and a 24’’ widescreen.

Hi,

Try to make your primary monitor being the Cintiq? Sometime it is just that the secondary monitor does not handle OpenGL events well enough.

Something else you might want to try is to go to the top menu Edit>Preferences>Display tab and change the renderer from Direct3D to OpenGL. Then restart the application and see if you get better results.

Best regards,

Ugo

Ugo,

I was using the cintiq as the primary monitor, but i did switch it to openGL, which didn’t work at first… But then i disabled the second monitor, only using the cintiq, and it finally worked! it kinda sucks to disable my other monitor every time i need to use TB. but i guess its better than nothing! Thanks for you help!

-blake

in your display settings, not only make your Cintiq the primary, but make it the very left monitor in arrangement.

align the monitor’s top pixels in Horizontal fashion (you don’t have to stretch the desktop)

pressure sensitivity and pen drawing should be fine.

if you have a dual head card, drawing on either monitor should be fine, if one monitor is on an AGP while the other is on a PCI card… you will have delayed drawing.

any questions just ask, I’ll watch for posts.

The links you posted are not working.
I have TB Studio 4 on a Mac running OS 10.4.11 with an Intuos GD tablet. It used to work but from time to time I get nothing but dots using the brush tool. The tablet works fine in illustrator and Photoshop. Any thoughts about fixing this? I downloaded and installed the latest Wacom driver and no luck getting it to work in Toon Boom.

try running the update on your operating system to see if that helps.

On a PC Toon boom uses Quicktime. Try also installing the latest Quicktime on your Mac to see if that helps?

I ran the update for v4 on my computer and it fixed the problem. Thanks so much.
The pen is now working.
Now I have to do the same with the rest of the computers in the lab–tons of fun. Perhaps this will fix those problems with the other tablets.

Installed TB4 update on student computer (same Mac OS 10.4.11) and still getting pen drawing dots in TB with pencil and brush. This is a Wacom Graphire with current driver–having this problem with many other student computers–same problem happens with Admin log in on these stations.I set prefs to Open GL.
Any suggestions??? Thanks!

sometimes you have to install things in a specific order - you may have to uninstall and run your updates again then reinstall… or however it works on a Mac (sorry, not mac experienced… but almost nice to know Mac users have troubles just as PC with this program…)

Hi,

You may want to first delete the preferences of the tablet (in the removal of the drivers itself you should have access to only delete the preferences, that is what you should first do). Then for version 4 of the software if you get does issue make sure to lift away your pen from the tablet for a couple of second and bring it back after.

Finally, make sure you have the latest version of TBS installed on the Mac. There might have been some patch done that were not installed. To do that you will have to get the software downloaded again and have the new installer replace the current one.

Best regards,

Ugo

hi everybody, umm i just bought a “trust tablet” and cant get pressure sensivity on my toonboom animation software, can somebody help please?

Toon Boom Studio only supports drawing tablets from Wacom for pressure sensitivity.

http://www.toonboom.com/products/toonBoomStudio/systemRequirements.php

Hi Everybody!,
The above should go to the knowledge base. That solved my problems with tablet going bananas (not only lacking pressure sensitivity…) with my dual monitor setup (not Cintiq). I had my primary monitor on the right side, but after switching to the left, tablet (Intuos 4) works fine on both monitors.

Still, it’s kind of a strange behaviour and very limiting - all tablets should work in any configuration, so I hope this will be solved sooner or later, as I wasted half of my day yesterday looking for a solution…

Thanks teamer again for sharing that tip!

I have recently upgraded to Studio V6 from V4.5 and am having trouble
setting up my cintiq21UX with the Studio V6. (I have a cintiq21UX and a
secondary widescreen monitor, on a quad-core system running windows XP
SP2, with a NVIDIA GEForce 8600 GT videocard)
The problem is that there is no pressure sensitivity in Studio when I
have my second monitor positioned anywhere other than the right. The pressure sensitivity works fine when I use just the
cintiq, or both monitors in the default horizontal position. But my secondary monitor is above my cintiq and when I change the position in the desktop display properties (windows) the pressure sensitivity stops working.
I have uninstalled studio and re-installed it and it makes no difference. I have removed the preference files and uninstalled the cintiq drivers and uninstalled studio and reinstalled them, but it didnt work either. I
have even unregistered my liscence and uninstalled everything and
re-installed - still doesnt work. I am careful to reboot between
uninstalling / installing. Nothing seems to make a difference.
I have had no such problems with Studio Version 4.5.
Please help!!

Interestingly this 2007 problem seems to have not been sorted or is a recurring problem in 2011