Command prompt

Hey,

I don’t know if this has already been asked but I can’t find the topic if it has. Anyway - I recently purchased Animate Pro 2, and whenever I want to open it via shortcut (i.e., any other way than opening the original .exe file) it opens up two windows - Animate Pro and Command Prompt (cmd). If I close the cmd windows, whole software automatically closes.

I am currently using Windows 7, but this was happening when I was using Windows XP as well.

Does anyone know what might be causing this / how to “turn it off”?

Thanks!

I suggest emailing support. That doesn’t happen to me.

For tech support, emailing them will usually get the quickest response.

Hey, thanks for replying!

However, when I try to open the wstart.exe it says that “One or more arguments are not correct”. I would think that there may have been a problem with the installation, but as I said, I have installed it multiple times on multiples version of the OS, and the software itself works great (at least for now).

Did you create this shortcut yourself? When we create the shortcut during install, we create the shortcut with the following target:

“C:\Program Files\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Animate 2\nt\bin\wstart.exe” Animate.exe

So it’s actually pointing to wstart.exe, not Animate.exe. This should open Animate without the command prompt.

Double-check what properties your shortcut has. (It’s the same target for Animate Pro except it’ll be pointing to the Animate Pro 2 folder instead of Animate 2)

~Lilly

Why don’t you go ahead and email support@toonboom.com and they can help you to resolve the issue. :slight_smile:

~Lilly