Colour Banding Issue

I am using Harmony 12. I’ve tried the suggestions in the user manual and whatever else I could find but I think it’s more of a codec issue when I export to quicktime. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips on what settings I should use to make it better. The main area being affected is an animated glowing blurry orb. It just goes from small to large and the banding is very noticeable and quite unattractive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Having the same issue. What worked for me is in the Settings area while setting up the Quicktime export. Look for the section about Keyframes. It’s located in the Motion section. Under the Frame Rate, you will see options for Key Frames. Choose ALL. Hope this helps to resolve your problem.

Thanks a lot. I found PNG gave no banding whatsoever. I was thrilled with the results but it took me a long time to figure it out and find it haha. I will try JPEG next time and hopefully make the file smaller.

That actually didn’t work for me at all. I had a blurry glow over the top of a gradient backgroun and it was still bad no matter what I tried.

In the end I changed the Quicktime export quality to PNG and it fixed the banding and gave a full HD export. I figured it out a few hours after making this post. I’m not use to using quicktime so it’s been a very long and confusing learning curve so far.

I appreciate your help though. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Hi, i see you may have fixed the problem, i found exporting as Photo-Jpg on highest setting gave the best colour rendition and smoother banding.

@jasonvenus

Storyboard pro | Harmony 12