Colorblind onion skin colors

Hey,

Just purchased toon boom harmony and it’s pretty great. The only issue I have with it so far is that the onion skin colors for next and previous frames are red and green.

I’m red/green colorblind, so I have a very difficult time figuring out which frames are which. It’s pretty much impossible most of the time.

I don’t have the advanced subscription, just the basic one. There is no option in the basic preferences to change these colors.

I love this program and want to use it. Is there any way to add this option to the basic version? I noticed that the advanced version had a bunch of onion skin colors you could change for like the second to last frame, and so on. Maybe just add a simplified next/previous option to the basic version so people like me can use it?

Thanks,

Joe

You can change the colours for the next/previous onion skin colours.

To do this select menu-Edit-Preferences and go to the “General” tab.
Click the “Edit Colours” bar to open the editable colours.
Select the “drawing” tab of the Colours Window.

I don’t have the option in Essentials. I’ve included screenshots so you can see what I’m talking about. The option isn’t there. Unless I’m doing something really wrong.

https://i.imgur.com/OhNDGyK.png

https://i.imgur.com/26v6ZzD.png

The ability to edit interface colours is only available in the
Advanced and Premium versions, not in Essentials.

That’s kind of disappointing. I don’t need the Advanced License for anything I’m doing production-wise. I just need to be able to see what I’m doing. It seems pretty silly that there’s no solution for someone with my condition besides paying more than double the price for an Advanced License just so I can use the Essentials software properly.

Even a limited less customizable option to change the colors in a more basic way than in the Advanced License would be a big help. I really hope you guys consider this in future updates. I highly doubt I’m the only person with this problem.

Toon Boom,

Please make this change to accommodate color blindness. I do not have this affliction but I sympathize with those who do. This is not a major feature. It is more of an aesthetic option to most people. Definitely not a deal maker/breaker unless you have this ailment. It would not be giving away something of considerable monetary value by opening this option up to Essentials.

I have a similar problem. The green is just too light against the white background. I can do the work on the camera view which has a gray background.

BobA_63884,

Fortunately in your case you can adjust the background color of the Camera and Drawing views in Preferences which will at least help improve things if not eliminate the problem.