Color window disapears after closing Harmony.

Hello.
I am just starting to learn how to use Harmony 12.2 on an iMac OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan.
I am finding that when I close Harmony, and then re-open it, the colour panel disapears. I have no idea what causes this. I have tried it several times, and each time I re-open Harmony, the Colour panel has disappeared - everything else is there, except the colour panel. Can anyone offer any advice about this problem?

Thanks.

Hi!

If you go to the Preferences panel, is the Automatically Save Workspace preference disabled?

http://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-12-2/premium/preferences-guide/gen

Thanks!

Marie-Eve

Marie-Eve.
Thanks for your response. The colour panel disapears (i.e when I close, then re-open the program) when I enable (check) Automatically Automatically Save Workspace, and also when I disable (uncheck) Automatically Save workspace. I have Harmony 12.2 on iMac OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan. Can you give any further advice?

Thanks.

Hi ToyMaker,

Is the window tabbed with other views, floating, or is docked in the ui but not tabbed with other views?

Marie-Eve

Marie-Eve.
The Colour panel is docked on it’s own, on the right hand side of the Camera/Drawing View, immediately underneath the window which contains ‘Tool Properties’ and ‘Library’. Thr default opening interface is exactly the same as in the picture of the interface on page 80 in Chapter 8: ‘Interface Overview’ in the Harmony 12.2 Fundamentals Guide.
I have been following some lessons with Tony Ross (tonyteach). In the course I am following, after opening Harmony, I named the first scene ‘Interface_01’. Then I created a new workspace called ‘tonyteach01’, based upon the Default workspace. When I close the program and open it again, I click on ‘interface_01’, then click on ‘Open’ The interface opens, but the colour window has disapeared.

Marie-Eve.
I maybe did not make it very clear in my previous post. - when I reopen the progrtam, the Colour View window is still there, in the same location, with the ‘Colour’ Tab showing, but there are no actual colours - just a grey panel. (i.e The Black, White, Red, Green, Blue and Black Vector colour, have disapeared).

Regards.

Hi Toy,
Did you select one cell of the drawing layer in the timeline after you open the project ?
Thanks
Wei

Hello Wei.

I have not used the timeline at all yet.

Regards.

Hi Toymaker,

I understand better now and I think indeed Wei is right. The content of the Colour view appears once you select a layer (Timeline), drawing or column (Xsheet).

Hope that helps!

Marie-Eve

Hello Marie- Eve and Wei.

Thanks to both of you for resolving my problem with the Colour Palette. As soon as i clicked on the ‘Drawing’ tab next to the timeline, the original colours re-apeared ! fantastic. - just to make sure, I created a ‘sketch blue’ colour and closed the program. When I re- opened Harmony, there was my newly created ‘sketch blue’, together with the black and white and red etc.

You have both been really helpful. As is so often the case, the answer was very simple.

Regards.

Wonderful! Quite happy to hear that! :slight_smile:

Marie-Eve