Color Transform Effect question

Hey there everyone,

I couldn’t find the answer to this anywhere so I thought that I would make a post and ask myself. I get the feeling that the answer is really simple to this, but I just can’t figure it out… So sorry if this is a stupid question!

I’m making an element of my animation (a character’s visor) transparent using the Color Transform Effect layer and changing the alpha levels. But, unlike the many tutorials I’ve found on using the Color Transform Effect layer to make transitions, I don’t actually want the visor to fade in or out. I want it to stay consistently semi transparent through the entire shot.
But, if I change the alpha on the first keyframe, it slowly moves back to the zero starting point as the shot goes on. Technically, I could try and make the starting keyframe and the ending keyframe the exact same point on the alpha slider, but there is still always a slight change in transparency from the beginning to the end.

Is there an easier way to accomplish this than trying to find the same point on the slider? I feel like I’m missing something here.

Thanks in advance – I’ve been a lurker for a while and everyone on here has been very helpful in learning how to wrangle this software.

Since you’re keeping the same level of transparency the entire time, instead of using the Color Transform Effect, you can use the Edit Color tool (from the Color Palette tab, as detailed in the Adding Colours chapter of the User Guide) and adjust the visor’s Alpha level there. Will that work for your purposes?