cintiq issue

i’m evaluating both toon boom studio and storyboard… both programs do not work on my 21 inch cintiq. when i try to draw with the brush, nothing shows up on screen… but when i drag the window over to my laptop monitor, i then can see what i drew. i’m running xp with 512 mb of ram and 1.5 ghz.
my friend is also evaluating and he has a similar problem. also, whenever i open a drop down window or drag any windows within the program on the cintiq, it leaves behind “ghost” images of the windows until the whole program window is full of them. what’s going on here? i use flash and have never experienced anything like this before. if it is not a simple fix then i will not switch to toon boom. please help me out.
thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

To make it properly work you need to have your Cintiq being the primary screen. Basically the issue is related to the fact that the OpenGL view cannot be refreshed on the second screen (unless you set your dual screen parameters to Horizontal span instead of Dual View).

In any case if you are to use a Wacom Cintiq simply make sure that it is the primary screen and this should do the trick

Best regards,

Ugo

thanks for your quick reply.

my laptop does not have an option for an extra monitor to be the primary screen. only the laptop’s screen is allowed to be that. also there is no option for a horizontal span … only dual view.
is my computer too old? why does toon boom have a problem with this? i use photoshop, sketchbook, flash, illustrator and after effects. each of these programs work beautifly on my cintiq. i don’t want to have to buy a whole new computer just to use toon boom.

this is silly.

Hi Jay,

You should actually be able to set the Cintiq as the primary monitor. This is actually the only way to display video on a projector since some OpenGL features are not supported on secondary screen.

In any case try to check your dual display property. You might want to try it with a Clone screen to start with and see if it works.

Best regards,

Ugo