Child Layer Over Parent

When I nest a drawing as a child to a parent drawing - it appears above the parent - instead of below. Is there an option I have clicked that has reversed the standard result?

Is it possible that you have dragged to the wrong place? In the timeline, when you drag a layer, you must drag it and then drop it on top of the parent, then when you let go the child layer should be below the parent and indented. If, instead of dropping the child on top of the parent, you dropped it above the parent, it would just reorder the layers instead of making the hierarchy.

Nothing so simple, I’m afraid. I’ve been using TB Studio for over 2 years, and I am familiar with parenting elements. This is how I’ve linked the 2 elements But the corresponding z relationship is like this I’ve tried several new files but the outcome is the same

@grenspleen
you can but adjust the z-depth settings of the elements in the timeline. just click on the expand button (<-||->), then on the ‘+’ to access the coordinate values.
rob

Just in case, if you use TB Animate Pro, you can solve it in the net wiew, but I guess it’s Animate that you using

Thanks for the replies. I know I can fix the position with a Z nudge. But it isn’t meant to happen. It may indicate settings or a fault that could affect other functions. I’d prefer to resolve it. Do you think it constitutes a technical issue - so I can email technical support?

as far i can remember, all children parts appear above the parent parts in animate’s camera view as a default (correct me anybody if i’m wrong).

do you mean layers visually in the timeline or physically in the camera view?
rob

According to the Animate manual and Kick Start videos child elements are by default under the parent in the Camera view - as well as the Timeline.

However, I’ve just watched a video on Vimeo and when an element under another in the Timeline was made a child of the one above, the object appeared above the parent in the Camera view. Fair enough.

Well it could be possible that in the video you watched in vimeo, the element that was made a child of the parent already had a z-value set. If it was a symbol, then the symbol could have been nudged prior to it becoming the child. Even if it was a drawing, if it was nudged prior to becoming a child, then its z-value would determine its order, not its order in the timeline.

Can you try this on a new scene and reproduce this issue?

chanyuan0811

cartier watches

adidas nmd runner

michael kors outlet

burberry sunglasses on sale

longchamp pliage

michael kors handbags clearance

true religion jeans

louis vuitton outlet store

tory burch outlet

chrome hearts eyewear

longchamp handbags