Character design question

Please excuse my ignorance if this is a trivial question, but I am at a learning impasse.

I would like to know the most efficient method for a character turn around (different views), with the moving structures such as; mouth, eyes, eyebrows etc.

I have seen the recommendation to avoid using symbols to do this — so should I create a multilayer image with each desired angle (front, 3/4, side) and use cell-substitution for the mouth and eyes?

Again, I apologize if this is something that has been covered. I just want to make a character with lip-syncing from the front, 3/4, and side views with the least amount of effort.

The issue here is both going the symbol and going the drawing way are correct and fine.

Personally I choose the drawing method cause I find it easier to add new drawings, and easier to work with in general.

Your thinking is right as far as i can see. Personally i set up a different mouth layer for view (because I have so many mouth shapes). If you really wanted you could do a seperate peg and sublayers for each view of facial elements but this could be overkill unless you plan a lot of reuse.

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile: