Changing the Background Color (Canvas) of the Drawing Tab

I would like to draw with while lines (simulating chalk), but they do not show up on the white canvas of the drawing tab; I know I can add a Color Card in the camera view, and that is fine to draw on the Camera tab … but I want to use the Drawing tab …

How can I change the Drawing tab canvas to black or another color?

I don’t know how to change the drawing canvas colour, sorry, but you could create a layer with a solid black square as a background and then change the opacity/wash of the light table so that it’s easier to see the white chalk. Or you could just temporarily change the white chalk to a dark colour while you are animating and then change the colour swatch when you’re finished.

You can change interface colours via Preferences (Edit menu on Windows, Harmony on Mac) > General > Edit Colours (button below) > Drawing tab > Others / Background. Normally I use a light greyish green instead of white, very rarely interferes with other colours I work with, but you can always change it later.

As DessieX says, using a temporary colour and then change it later can do the trick too, except if you work with bitmap brushes - that wouldn’t be very practical, because you would have to repaint it.

Luis Canau

1 Like

Thanks Luis, that did the trick!

Thanks DessieX, the colour swatch idea will come in very handy!

Thanks Luis!

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! :smiley: My eyes feel so much better!