Cartoons smart's New Tutorials worth the Money

Ye sir, I see "script, whatever whatever whatever, and I dismiss it completely. However, I don’t mind using them
to speed up the work flow. I kind of think of the scripts in Animate as shortcuts. Those that you have planned are
very needed.

I don’t know what else he can really cover as far as drawing is concerned. He showed us how he constructs things
using basic geometric shapes. I think he mentioned something about making tuts on hands, feet and stuff like that.
I Hope when he makes the animation tutorials he uses the same chatacter he rigged. I think it is better for the viewer
to have continuity. It’s like watching work on a project from Ground zero. Kind of curious to know he plans to lipsync mouth symbols.

Well he draw a background for a scene talking about perspective and stuff.

But I think rigging/animating the character is the next logical step for him.

Speaking of ArtRage, I have that program, and although I haven’t really played with it to much, I love the way the tools feel when drawing in it, specially with the Cintique. The closest thing to Pencil to paper since Sketchbook Pro. I’m going to have to take a look at those Art Rage tuts, thanks.

I also have to try those techniques you mention regarding recording the voice track AFTER the video is done to take the pressure off of your "performance."

I have an old version of Camtasia that I bought a couple of years ago and I never used it much cause my computer at the time could not handle it. I wonder if I can install it on WIndows 7.

Hey guys, You may remember me from a about a month ago as “stewielikey” asking all those questions about Studio / Animate 2 (to make a TV comedy series). Well, I took the plunge and just installed Animate2 today! ;D

I looked at the free section of that tut and thought it was cool, but a little long winded for me. I longed for some editing. I realize it has to be slow for everyone to be covered to follow along, but I got bored fast. (Not that I am a cocky expert). lol I like to stay humble. I just learn very fast (by watching examples). (I know, I need to be more patient though). :wink: That has always been my curse, learn fast, but I get bored fast, if there is too much filler before the point. :o

All that said though, I think there is some great stuff in there. I saw a section of the free sneak peek. I liked the part about drawing a top and bottom line template to make sure all the characters were the right size (so they all ended up having the same pencil line width etc. to save headaches later). Very good tips. 8)

I will just have to hunker down and watch. Maybe it speeds up after that part? I may buy it if I get stuck on my own. Lord knows I need all the help I can get to get comfortable with A2.

His pace is good in my opinion. However if your expecting to learn Animate from it you won’t. The focus is on the drawing and only starts to talk about some animate specific stuff right near the end.

I think they were great anyway.

As always start with the kickstart videos then seek out more :smiley:

AW crap! :o I thought I could learn my way around A2 while also getting good tips on how not to go about doing things the wrong way from those vids. (On top of character creation). You know, to avoid bad work flow habits so I can keep post production clean up to a minimum. D’oh! Back to the drawing board for me. ;D

Thanks a lot for the heads up.
Your always a huge help Raider. 8)

My next move will be the kickstart vids then.

He does nothing wrong in those videos. Like I said they are excellent. They are just much more about drawing than anything, which personally I really liked.

I can’t belive you haven’t watched the kickstart vids lol. That is like the first thing anyone should do. They are pretty good despite some of the complaints and give you a great overview of the software.

Next up I would look at Adam Phillips and my tutorials(yes i think mine are pretty decent :slight_smile: ) on youtube mainly because there is a fair few of them and they are free.

Then head off to betterflashanimation.com to find tons more tutorials :smiley:

And as always post away, if you don’t know something I am sure someone else doesn’t too and discussing Animate often helps you think about things in a different way.

As far as workflow goes, there are lots of different ways. The program is very flexible and allows lots of different workflows. It is about what works best for you personally.

Oh no, what I meant in my post was that I thought I could learn from those tuts about what not to do, to avoid bad habits from the get go. lol I’m not saying he does anything wrong at all. The way he starts off about the character sizing template tips (the top and bottom line with the dad and son chars) made me think it was going to have a ton of “good habit” tips too. That was my assumption since I only watched a portion of the free sneek peek.

I want to avoid bad habits that will cost me more time to fix later so I don’t pull out my hair. lol I thought he was teaching those tips as well as how to create chars in A2. So I thought I would learn my way around the menus and tools of A2 all while learning tips and char creation tips.

But yeah, I should be a lot farther ahead from a month ago then I am. My health decided it was time to act up again. Just in time to screw me up once again. I hate my health! >:(

Anyway, lol thanks so much again. It’s really nice to have you experienced guys around when a million questions start flowing. ;D

I’m DLing the kick start vids and everything on the eLearning pages now.