Can't import swf in animate

Hey,

Does anyone else have a problem with importing swf files into ToonBoom Animate? I import it the right way and it looks like it’s loading then nothing shows up in the library. I have tried over and over and same freaking problem. This is driving me crazy. I am pulling my hair out :’(, I use to have a afro like The Jackson 5 and nowI look like homer simpson LOL. PLEASE HELP!!! ::slight_smile:

hi,
i wonder why don’t you new guys use the search tool (‘importing swf’, for instance, or sth similar). this topic has been discussed here at least half a dozen times.
cheers,
rob

i did search, and all the old posts all talk about how import swf is greyed out, which is a different problem.

i’m experiencing the same exact problem. i unlocked the library. imported my .swf, and nothing appears in my library.

my swf was generated in Flash CS4 using a single layer. anyone find a solution? i’ve tried with 2 different files… can’t get it to appear. i even tried importing an swf created in toonboom animate… it won’t even work with that!

I’m having the same issue - intermittently - with Animate Pro. Some Swfs seem to import fine, some import only a few frames of certain layers, and some don’t import at all. I’ve been through the FLA’s (CS4) and broken apart all symbols, relayered, deleted unused layers etc, etc. It’s extremely frustrating, especially when your on a very tight deadline. When I look in the faulty template folders - there are no tvg elements, or very few. Based on that - surely this is a big fat bug???

ANNOYING IN THE EXTREME. >:(

OK - sorted… Let me share with y’all…

I searched through the posts to see what else has been discussed, and found this:

The Illustrator image must be saved in legacy compatibility mode with Illustrator 10 and the SWF needs to be saved in Legacy compatibility with Flash 6. Both have features used in the newer versions that are not compatible and have not been made public.

From a Global Moderator.

I’ve returned to the FLA (CS4) and exported my swf as a Flash player 5 / actionscript 1 version (belt & braces!), and it imports just fine & dandy!!!

It doesn’t work in the PLE version, as it’s been disabled. SO long as you have the full version, and access to the FLA - you should be fine.

Hmm…what is Legacy? I use flash 8 and I did export in player 5 actions 1 and it still does nothing :-\ I am using Toon Boom Animate

Is there other forums out their for toon boom? because I have been stuck on this same problem and so have many others on here and nothing is being solved. This is not good when you have a deadline to meet. I’ve never had any promlems in adobe flash 8 so maybe toon boom is not as good as it looks then :frowning: Why does this not import swf files?

Can anyone help me with this please??? ::slight_smile:

try to address the tb support team and send them your .swf file, i think it could be the first-hand troubleshooting procedure.
cheers,
rob

Well, I’lle be damned this actually worked. It imported all the frames and pieces without a problem …

Thanks to Sim Marriott I had a pretty good day with Animate. A couple of things made a little more sense, and I took a couple of baby steps.

I was able to import a swf sketch from Flash and rig it up in Animate. That is huge for me!

Thanks sim marriott you are Gold! :wink:

Thanks to Sim Marriott I had a pretty good day with Animate. A couple of things made a little more sense, and I took a couple of baby steps.

I was able to import a swf sketch from Flash and rig it up in Animate. That is huge for me!

WOW…good for you but no luck for me :’(. Could it be that I am using flash 8 and not CS3 or 4?

Well I just tried doing it in flash CS4 and same thing happening…nothing imported into the library. I published out in actions 1 and flash player 5 and still nothing :’(

londonC, are you saving in Compatibility mode like sim mariott suggests? It won’t import properly unless you save it as a flash 6 file.