Can't import images!

Every time I import an image into Harmony I just get nothing at all. I’ve created a background in Photoshop, exported as JPEG, PNG and tried importing the PSD. It creates the layers, but shows nothing in the viewport.

It’s infuriating - I’m on a tight deadline… and it was working just the other day. I can’t even import images that previously worked.

Tried creating a new project to see if it was my project that was corrupt, but no.

Any help appreciated!

I’m having the same problem.

All my imported images (jpg, bitmap, png, etc) show up as white boxes in camera view.

Anyone know what is causing this?

I can’t find anything in any documentation or any of the tutorials on avoiding this.

I’ve updated my drivers, etc and no change.

Fixed! Quicktime was the culprit. Reinstalled and problem solved.

Thanks!

You need to have the Quicktime player installed to import images.
Note that Windows 10 has issues with Quicktime 7.7.8 so install
the slightly older 7.7.6 instead on this O.S.

I’m having the same issue. Every time I try to import an image the preview is blank white, and nothing is visible/selectable on my viewport…

In that screen image the layer with the image does not show any exposures extending the length of the project. I cannot see enough detail but it looks like a bitmap image is the 3rd layer. You might look there for a problem. There may not be any keyframes.

It looks like you are in Camera view but background images don’t show in Drawing view unless you turn on the Light Table.

Hi, thanks I will give that a try.

The best workaround I could come up with was converting all my backgrounds into videos.

I’m having the same problem as well. I import any kind of image - jpg, png, etc - and nothing appears on the stage. The symbols created in the library are blank white boxes. Anyone figure this out yet? I’m using a Mac with Yosemite.

I also have the same problem.
when i import any image type . it seems to nothing . the image is not shown up. only image boder apper whic is slectable , but image is not shown.
help me , if anyone know. thanks

same issue. I even installed Quicktime and nothing helped. also I have no other brushes, the gradient in the color palette doesn’t work. I don’t know what to do.

Hey, Jan. 2022 - has anyone tried the QuickTime fix recently for Harmony Essentials? If so, does it help?