Can't get trajectory to curve...

Hi. I’m using Animate and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to make a trajectory path for my animation to curve. I’ve watched the videos and read the manual but what was suggesting doesn’t seem to work. Here’s what I’m doing:

I have an animation of a man spinning (head over heals) animated on the layer he is drawn on. I then put that layer inside of a peg layer so that I can have him spinning through the air (the trajectory moving through the air is going to be animated on the pivot layer).

I started by animating the trajectory to make the spinning man start on one side of the screen, and end up on the other. So far, so good. However, I do not want him to go directly across the screen. I want to move on an arc up through the air and down From the best I could gather, I’m simply supposed to make a control point on the trajectory and then drag that and it should bend the trajectory (curve it). However, when I do this, it automatically makes a keyframe on the peg layer and bends the trajectory on a right-angle instead of a curve. I have no idea where I’m going wrong.

Help!

Thanks!

Hi
You have probably set it to separate in the layer properties.
To set it to 3D path watch this Tip of the week video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_BreiIEkeY&feature=plcp

Best regards
Ivar

I don’t know if it will help you, but I will try to explain the way I use to curve the trajectory…

One layer for the drawing, with the pivot in position.
I create a peg layer.
I don’t place keyframes on the drawing layer.
I work now ONLY on the peg layer.
When I active the animation tool “translate”, a colored cross (vector?) appeared.
I desactive the animation button.
I put my moose cursor ON this cross (vector?), and I place it on my drawing. (like for the pivot)
Now, I can move my drawing but clicking near the drawing, and slide it in position.
Active now the animation button, and create a keyframe for the initial position.
One keyframe appears on the PEG layer.
Move to your last frame, and move your drawing to the final position.

Now: menu VIEW/SHOW/CONTROL
You can see your trajectory.

Move your cursor to the midlle frame for example, and NOT on the trajectory, slide in the direction you want to curve the trajectory.
One keyframe is created, and your trajectory is curved…

When I worked on the drawing layer to animate, I was unable to curve; only angle…

I don’t know if It can help you.
Sorry for my poor english!!.. I’m not fluent…