Can't figure out Bone Editing for IK

I can’t figure out how you’re supposed to adjust the IK skeleton. I can’t seem to select individual bones. I can endlessly rotate some bone, always pointed to the center of the character, over and over again, accomplishing nothing, but I can’t select or control the orientation of any bone that seems to be connected to a body part. I can’t actually choose, say, the foot, and then adjust its bone - always some center-pointed bone which I can’t tell is associated with any particular part of the body. I can’t tell what, if anything, is happening when I do it. My character hierarchy isn’t unusual, as far as I know. I can’t find any video tutorials that tell me the part I don’t know. The Animate Pro tutorials are maddening - pointless illustration of the online documentation, which isn’t very helpful for troubleshooting. Anything to show me how it’s actually implemented, how the skeleton is actually edited, rather than just what the tools are SUPPOSED to do theoretically? Yes, I’m in bone editing mode. I HAVE successfully excluded some things from IK. Can somebody help me not exclude the entire character from IK?!

Do you have any samples of IK structure or screenshot of Node view? Also which options for IK tools you were using? Were you using a peg or drawing peg?

There is a lot of information for IK in online documentation at http://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-12-2/premium/cut-out-animation/animate-using-inverse-kinematics.html#

So, has anybody figured out this problem?

I don’t know if I’m mistaken, but as far as I know, you can’t use IK with bones, only pegs.

If someone can prove me wrong, please do, since it’s something I’d find useful.