Cannot save files!!!!

Anyone able to help… in easy steps please.
I have been using Toon Boom Studio 4.5 on a Mac for a few weeks with no problems… until yesterday. Having spent many hours on a project, it seems not to have saved. Now whenever I produce a test file I get the following message: Error while saving animation set. Toon Boom Templates.tbc.new is not a valid Toon Boom studio file. However the file does appear in my folder, but I cannot open it.
I have seen if I can read and write files which I can so am totally confused, frustrated and getting bad tempered.

Hi,

You should be able to fix this following the instructions at the link bellow:

http://www.toonboom.com/support/tbs/kb/questions/23/Error-while-saving-a-project%3A-%26%2334%3B-Error-while-saving-the-animation-set.-Unable-to-access-file-xxxxx.tbc.new-%26%2334%3B

If you are still having difficulties let us know.

Regards,

Ugo

I’m having the same problem. I’m on a PC running Windows Vista 64 and TBS 4.0. The only work-around that I’ve found is to change the permissions on the project folder that Toon Boom generates. Changing the location of the Global Library doesn’t seem to make any difference.

I had another somewhat related question… how in the world do you save new versions in Toon Boom?? “Save as” generates a whole new project folder and triggers the error message. I then have to go in and manually change the permissions of the new project folder… total hassle. But more importantly, why can’t I simply save a new version in the same project folder? Digital Pro allows me to do that. Am I missing something?