Cannot save files

Hi guys,

I recently downloaded the Toon Boom Studio trial, and I’m enjoying it, but I’m having some trouble saving files. I’ll make an animation, give it a name, and try to save it in my folder, but I get an error message saying something along the lines of, “Could not create destination directory, [E1117].”

Does anyone know what could be going on here? Could it have something to do with where I set my global library? I have been able to export my animations in different formats; I just can’t save them as tbp. files. Should I try reinstalling the program?

Thanks!

Drag the icon for the application on top of the icon of the application folder in the installation window, not the actual applications folder. The result should show you a progress bar as it’s installing.

Dragging the file into the Applications folder: You should probably download the file again and reinstall the software. Maybe the file had not completely finished downloading or it was corrupted in the process.

Saving files: Are you doing a Save or Save As?

I’m having the same problem. I tried saving my projects in different folders, and I’m not saving to an external device. My exporting works fine though.

on installation when it says to drag the icon to the applications folder, it just gave me an X symbol.

Have you tried saving a file some place else like the desktop?

Or saving to a default location?

This will help determine whether it is the specific folder or your naming convention or saving files in general.

I have tried to save the file in numerous different places, it didn’t work…but I’m not exactly sure what you mean by default location. Could you explain? I apologize for my crippling ignorance haha

By default I just mean the location the software initially opened up to when you went to save a file before deliberately directing it anywhere.

Curious:

Are you trying to save the files to an external drive?

Are you using any characters other than numbers or letters when building a folder and its path?