cannot import image as layer

I can;t get storyboard 1.5 to import image as layer. tried every format, jpg, png- error message: invalid format.any ideas?thanks

I am having the same problem. In the manual, they talk about the bitmap files needing to be in 8-bit RGBA format. The “A” part of it seems to point to alpha channel info, but I have tried many different approaches and file formats to no avail.I am currently stumped with a tech email request pending their response.SS

How do I attach an image file? to a post?SS

It’s hard to say without seeing the file. If you write in to support@toonboom.com then they can assist you.

~Lilly

I can import just about any type of file using Import Images as Layers, regardless of whether it has its own alpha channel. I tried .jpg, .png, .psd, and .tga.

Is it possible that there’s something with your filename it doesn’t like? What does the filename look like? I tried all kinds of filenames that I thought would give me trouble, like filenames with spaces or extra dots in them, and they imported just fine, but it’s worth a try.

The best thing is to attach an image file that’s giving you trouble so that we can try it out.

~Lilly

You can upload it to a free site like Photobucket and then post the link here.

~Lilly