can"t cut my character

hello,
i’m new to animate.
i followed this youtube tutorial :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36FuH84nM_0

i imported my image which is in PNG format.
but i can not cut using lasso cutter.
i see the lasso making a line around character’s part but then nothing happens !!!

any helo ?

thank you

well
i have to double click on my image using select tool to make it breakable …

hope it can help others

:=)

Hi,

It also seems that your images were encapsulated in Symbols. That is why you have to double-click on them to be able to edit your images.

Marie-Eve

thank you both, for your help,
just could you please correct what you said :
"A drawing layer looks like a square, circle, and triangle, whereas a drawing layer looks like a mountain with a sky and sun."

which one is vectorized ??

thank you again

:=)

Make sure that when you import the image you import it as a Colour vectorisation style - this will import the image as a vector type image that you will be able to draw on and cut up and whatnot.

By default images are imported without vectorising (in Animate) and so this would create a bitmap layer that you can’t use your drawing tools on. You can tell the difference between a bitmap layer and a vector layer by looking at the icon in the timeline. A drawing layer looks like a square, circle, and triangle, whereas a drawing layer looks like a mountain with a sky and sun.

~Lilly

I’m sorry I meant to say a bitmap layer looks like a mountain! Drawing layer (Vector layer) is the square, circle, triangle. Most of the time you’ll be working with Drawing layers, not bitmap layers. The only time you may want to use bitmap layers is if you’re importing in backgrounds for example from Photoshop.

~Lilly