Can Somebodey make and rig my charicter for me please?

[continued]

Links:
https://opentoonz.github.io/e/index.html
https://krita.org/en/
https://www.blender.org/
https://github.com/ndee85/coa_tools
https://inkscape.org/en/

Anime character and human creator for Blender:
http://www.manuelbastioni.com/

Anyway, hope this helps a bit to get you going.

Some excellent advice from hvanderwegen.

I would say that moho 12 (was previously known as anime studio), offers the best tools for 2d cutout (rigged) animation of any software package.
It is also the easiest to rig a 2d character with, and has a very active community over at the lost marble forum.
I use both harmony and moho for animation, but now use moho exclusively for cutout style animation. I only use harmony for frame by frame animation.

Actualy, thanks a bunch! I think i will try out those programs Opentoonz and stuff. Thanks!

Oh my word actually i was looking at Studio Ghibis Movies and I actually did watch one. Ponyo when I was 6.

I have an older Intuos 3 Tablet, 4x6 inches, collecting dust in a closet. If you pay for the shipping you can have it, that might be more than $2. I have the original box, the Grip Pen, the Mouse, etc.

It is older, only has 1024 levels of pressure but it does have Express Keys and a Touch Strip, hooks up by USB. Here is what it looks like on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos3-6-Inch-Format-PTZ431W/dp/B000I62PEU

Again, I am only asking for you to pay for the cost of shipping, best deal you will get. I would prefer to use PayPal for payment, it is just easier and quicker to do the payment. If you are interested let me know.

Ya, Ok. And idk for sure if i can get it for Christmas cause my brother wants one too. And i have like 3 siblings. And i don’t wan’t to be an art designer for games. i’ve alwase wanted to make my own show since i was 11. And i love Pokemon So i’m doing that. I did lots of flipbooks in the past. And my parents say i’m vary Artistic And Talented. I been working on my charicters head for the past 2 days now and i got the head rotations i need, well almost. I made the head to big so i need to make the head and body a seperate thingamabob. But i guess that’s okay. I based the charicter i’m doing off of me. But i’ll need to add more charicters later on :-/ Oh well. :slight_smile:

And How am i suppost to pay if i don’t know how much it is?

I see no way to do a private message here on this forum between the two of us, but we do need to email one another so that I can get your address. With that known I can go the post office and see what the cheapest option is to ship the tablet to you. I am thinking I will probably ditch the original box and packaging because it adds to the weight. You need the tablet , the pen, and the mouse. The original CDs that came with it aren’t relevant anymore because you will have to go to Wacom’s website and download the latest drivers for it to work with the latest operating system of your computer and with Toon Boon. So, I can ditch the CDs to lessen the weight as well.

So, once I have the shipping figured out and how much it will cost, I would like to use Paypal for payment. I can send an email to you with a Paypal link in it for the amount of the shipping. You click on the link, it takes you to Paypal and if you have an account you can sign in and make the payment. If you don’t have an account you can set one up for free, or use a family member’s account?

We don’t have to use Paypal but if you have to send me a check, then it is going to slow the process down. I wait for a check, deposit the check, wait for it to clear and then I ship your tablet. With Paypal the payment is near instantaneous and then I ship it to you as soon as I can.

Okay well would haft to ask my dad. But he’ll probably get mad. Hopefully he’ll understand and my email is Sethis4Pizza@gmail.com

… how did you get your hands on Toon boom harmony software if you have troubles to commission someone for even 100?
Sorry to tell ya… nice try, but you wont likely find an animator willing to do the work for 5 bucks or free. You are better off doing it yourself so just look at some tutorials, scan your drawings, cut those into png body parts and import those into your animation software to animate it. You can use also a free version of spriter. I assume it has enough tools for what you need and its license is not even expensive if you decide to have your parents buy it.

https://brashmonkey.com/

Good luck

Free software is great and all, but you should also check out educational pricing from Toon Boom.

Back when I was finishing college back in the mid-late 90s, I took advantage of deep discounts on software with the educational pricing that was available to me as a student. In the Mac lab at school I would use Photoshop, Illustrator and other software, and then back at my dorm/apartment I was able to continue working on projects because I had Photoshop on my Power Computing Mac clone at that time.

I thought I read somewhere that Toon Boom had educational pricing for primary, secondary, college students, etc. It wouldn’t hurt to email Toon Boom and see what you might qualify for as a student.

Oh okay, And I guess…

To be honest, I feel the OP would be better off working in OpenTOonz for now. Aside from the fact that OT is free, and that it offers a good range of features compared to both the Essentials and Advanced editions of TB (in some areas even Premium), but I would say it has one major advantage for beginners and amateurs: OT now exports directly to animated GIF, MP4, and WebM when FFMpeg is installed. This just makes it easier to share your work with the outside world. No need for Quicktime.

(to enable this export, OT’s export preferences must be pointed at the FFMpeg bin folder, btw)

Also, one of the newer volunteer developers works as a teacher and teaches animation to young people like the OP - that developer has introduced a range of features specifically aimed at making OT easier to use for his students. He is now adding sprite sheet export.

I am not saying TB isn’t great and all (it is) - just that with a combo of OT and Krita (for great bitmap-based animated painting) the OP is (more than) good to go. Why settle for the Essentials edition when free software offers so much more?

This does bring up a good point, though. Autodesk provides completely free educational editions for students (even “home students”), which is probably a response to Blender. Perhaps ToonBoom ought to look into providing a free version to students. This would also make it more accessible to (high) schools. I have seen it mentioned a couple of times now in other forums that OpenTOonz is making some inroads in school environments, because it is powerful, and free for both the school and their students.

That’s amazing! :slight_smile:

Well, to each their own I guess. If I were young again, say 13 and was able to get maybe 85% off of Harmony Premium by going the educational pricing route as a student I know which one I would choose.

I did that exact thing when I was a student, I was able to get and use Photoshop, Illustrator, Freehand, Flash and later got deals on Cinema 4D, etc. To have such deep discounts on software like that was huge while I was a student.

In my opinion you do your self a disservice by not taking advantage of educational pricing if you are a student.

When I was 13 I did not have any money to spend on software at all (Premium is still over $200 a year even with the 85% off!) - I for one would have been elated to have access to all the quality open source software that is now readily available to any beginning young animator. These are great times for them - and us!

Having said that, I do agree with you that if I were a student enrolled in a course that makes use of specific animation software, I would certainly get the student’s license if that course were to utilize commercial software.

If someone is just taking their first steps in the wonderful of animation, the software itself is less important nowadays. And even when I write that, I am still stunned by the fact that OpenTOonz - production proven! - 2d animation software is now within reach of anyone contemplating doing some animation! It’s mind boggling (especially seeing that it outperforms Harmony Premium in some respects)!

Anyway, I think this year has been great for budding 2d animators looking for quality software to start animating. I wish I were thirteen again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, when I was 13 I did chores and my folks paid me an allowance and I did odd jobs for money, if somebody needed their driveway of snow shoveled, grass cut, etc.

And then there was always your birthday and christmas.

The thing that annoys me is when people just make excuses and say they don’t have money to get this or that. Often times, money is not the issue, it is that they chose something else to spend the money on.

I know someone who wants a new 55-70 inch TV, to upgrade from a 32 inch TV, but says she has no money. And yet, she will get her nails done so often to the point that if you add it up over the course of a year, that would easily pay for that 55 inch TV. So, a choice was made. She could learn to do her own nails, and the money saved would buy that big TV she wants, but instead she spends the money on getting her nails done.

There is a couple that I know that both work and both go out and spend money on lunch each day. If both do that 20 times a month, figure 5 lunches a week, 4 weeks in a month, then that is, what 40 x $7-10?, which would be $300-400 a month. They can’t go on a vacation supposedly because they don’t have any money, and yet if they brown bagged it, the money they would save over the course of a year would pay for that vacation.

I don’t do coffee but I know people that go through the Starbucks drive thru 3 or 4 times a week, and then complain that they have no money for this or that. It is all about choices that you make.

I completely agree with you: it is all about choices. And isn’t it great that we now have access to excellent open source alternatives with which to animate with? Which means the OP can have his DS and game for Christmas, and animate in OpenTOonz and Krita right now.

Well not quite, I don’t have my pad yet. And I didn’t get Krista yet. What’s Krita?

Krita is a completely free open source professional digital painting application that supports animation. It is more powerful than Photoshop for painting, and is a great program to paint your backgrounds in, which are then imported into TB or OT.

You can download it here:
https://krita.org/en/