Camera Question

I have the camera in TBS v. 4 set to 500 x 375.

I am on a Mac and I export out to .mov files, using the Animation codec. These files have an aspect ratio of 720 x 480.

Might this be the reason why when I export to a .MOV I get more in the picture than what I am seeing in 500 x 375 in TBS?

I am also in Quicktime 7.4.5 and haven’t had any problems. I don’t use quick view so I guess it’s not a problem.

Best,

Evan Jacobs

Hi Evan
Toon Boom
when you started your project it was at the default 500 X 375
which you can change at the start of a project in the pull down or
change it in your toon boom project by going to file / animation properties

Quicktime
when you did a Quictime export it was set to 720 x 480
thats why it took your 500 x 375 and rendered it to 720 x 480
you can chagne your Qicktime settings by hitting the advance tab
in the Quicktime window
and then change the size there

as you can see you can change settings at any time
in either Quicktime or Toon Boom
I would however suggest that you start your project
with the aspect ratio you want to see in your camera view

hope this helps

j

So I should make the camera in TBS 720 X 480 if that’s the aspect ratio I am exporting my .mov files at?

I guess that makes sense but for some reason I didn’t have to do that with v. 2.5. It was at 500 x 375 and I rendered the files to DV streams and those were 720 x 480. Maybe making them DV streams made the difference?

I need to go 720 x 480 because I am creating content for TV not just the interest. Rendering out files at 500 x 375 would be too small as I am sure you can see.

Thank you for your help also,

Evan Jacobs
www.anhedeniafilms.com

Hi Evan,

The DV format is a predefined resolution format. Therefore if you export any project to this format it will be resized to fit the DV resolution. The danger there is that if you did not have the proper aspect ratio your material may be resized so it is always better to get the resolution setup properly before you start animating.

Regards,

Ugo

So I should make the camera in TBS 720 X 480 if that’s the aspect ratio I am exporting my .mov files at?

Best,

Evan Jacobs

Hi,

Yes make sure to setup your project to the same ratio/resolution then the final output to avoid any inconsistency.

Regards,

Ugo