Buying or acquiring old animation for new animated TV Show?

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anybody knows or explain to me how I can use old animation/copyright free animation to produce a new animated show. If you still confused or I just didn’t explain it good enough you can look at shows like Sealab 2021, Harvey Birdman or Space Ghost Coast to Coast. These shows are made from old reused Hanna Barbera Cartoons. What I don`t want is just redubbing the show, the goal is to have a wide range of animation to reuse and compose to a new show.

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:-
https://www.awn.com/forum/thread/1045777
Business Communication Video

Thanks

I think it would depend on the show, every one has its owner, in some cases, multiple owners, sometimes owners and distribution right holders, it’s a legal hell for some shows and franchises, I would say this is not worth pursuing since there are a lot of other factors, not only legal, but technical too, those shows were made by hand, and It’s difficult to know if the original assets are available, unless what you do is a re-edit or something like that.

As far as I know shows like space phantom coast to coast were created because the creators already had the rights of the old show, I can be wrong here though.

I’m not sure that Sealab is made of old shows, I think it’s an entirely new show with an old show, Hanna Barbera like style.