Bug: extend exposure

It does no go past a 3-digit number. Highest frame it can reference is 999. Wow!

Hi,

Don’t think it is a bug but rather by design. Scenes generally don’t last that long and having such a long scene in one single project may make the software unstable has each frame and drawing need to be kept actively in memory to speed up the playback in the scene.

To make sure your software works in an optimal manner you should always try to keep your project length as short as possible and edit the whole sequence of scene/project afterward in an editing software (could be as simple as Windows Movie Maker or Quicktime Pro).

Regards,

Ugo

So what would be considered to be a reasonable scene length?
I have a single voice over that is 7 minutes long - should I break this down into smaller sections?
look forward to your reply
Thanks
Tim :slight_smile:

Hi,

Well usually you would need to make a new scene whenever you have a camera cut or when you change of environment. If you have static elements for quite some time I usually recommend not to go over 1000 frames (if it is very simple and limited animation). If you are working with complex or heavy in bitmap scene you may even have to cut it down to a couple hundreds of frames.

It all depend on the complexity of the animation in the end.

Best regards,

Ugo