Brush tool renders wrong

I’m brand new to Toon Boom, have a fresh install, default settings for everything I’m using a lenovo yoga and drawing directly on-screen. Whenever I use the brush tool to draw, while I’m drawing the line it is pixelated and the pen pressure is heavy. As soon as I lift the pen the line smooths or renders and becomes rectangular? Like all of the edges, crop to become a rectangle. ie - if I draw a circle it becomes a filled-in square. I tried playing with the brush pressure curve and if I make any change to it, this problem is solved but I have no more pen pressure.

Hello Stafford29!

Can you double-check that all your computer drivers are up to date? Depending on which version of the Yoga you have, you made need to update your pen drivers, your graphics card drivers and possibly a few other things, so for troubleshooting purposes it is always a good idea to check that you are up to date.

If you are still experiencing problems after that, please try opening Harmony, going to your Advanced Preferences and toggle “Use Qt Wintab Tablet Support” and then apply the change. You’ll need to restart Harmony after but please let me know if that fixes the problem.

Best of luck!