Bone rigging different views in Harmony Advanced

Hello everyone!

I’m new at using Toon Boom, and I’ve run into what I suspect is a pretty basic beginner’s problem. I haven’t managed to find a solution online, however, so any advice would be much appreciated.

I’ve followed a tutorial to rig up a basic character turnaround under one master peg, and everything seemed to be going smoothly until I started adding bone deformers to the character’s arms and legs. The different views have been saved as drawing substitutions for each part (arms, torso, etc.), but when I rig up the bones, they automatically apply to all substitutions (and therefore all views).

What I would like to do is to have a different bone rig for each view, but all the tutorials I’ve found use the node view to set this up, and I currently use Harmony 14 Advanced, so I don’t have access to the node view.

I’m assuming it’s still possible to set up different bone rigs (or other deformers) for each pose, but I haven’t been able to find out how.

I’d be grateful if someone could point out what obvious solution I’ve missed. :slight_smile:

Ah, I see. I was using an older tutorial on cutout rigs without bones, so I figured it’d be easy to just add a few bone deformers onto the same rig.

I’ll take your advice and start with one orientation at the time. Thanks. :slight_smile:

For the different orientations the body parts need to be at
different Z-values (front/back) ideally controlled by pegs so
simple drawing substitution is not enough.

Doing a full turnaround rig is going to be challenging if you’re
new to the software so you might want to start with a single
orientation rig first until you become more comfortable with
the deformation tools and Harmony in general.