blocky gradient

When I use the gradient tool in toonboom studio it comes out like a nice smooth gradient like it is meant too. In animate it come back at a series of blocks to for the gadient about 0.5cm per block.

Is there a setting or something I am missing to get a smooth gradient?

Hi,

Is this happening in both the working space and the render or only in the working space (basically are renders alright?)

You may want to check in the OpenGL tab of the preferences and change some parameters there as it may simply be a display refresh issue.

Best regards,

Ugo

thanks for the reply.

It renders fine so just a workspace issue.

I am unsure which opengl setting to change to fix the refresh rate. Could you advise where to change that in the opengl tab?

Hi,

You may want to uncheck some of the Enable from the list at the bottom of the Preference window. The Anti-Aliasing may also be drawing resources from your video card so if you don’t need it as you are working you could get that one disabled as well (drawings will be anti-aliased regardless of the option used when you render). Also, you should try checking/unchecking the Alternate Gradient and Cutter option from the top section.

Best regards,

Ugo

thanks switching off anti-alaising did the trick