Black screen

I just upgraded to TB 5 and now whenever I try to draw in either drawing view or camera view, my whole view goes black while I am drawing and returns as soon as I release the mouse. It’s tough to draw in the dark! What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Try going in the top menu Edit>Preferences>Display tab and change the renderer from Direct3D to OpenGL. Make sure you do not have the Full Screen OpenGL Anti-Aliasing checked on. You will need to restart the software after doing those changes.

Let us know if you are still having difficulties afterward.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thank you! That did the trick!

Hi! I tried this and I am still having that problem, actually now what I draw becomes a big black tattered square.

Hi,

Make sure that your video card drivers are up to date. Also, you may want to switch on some of the disable options in the OpenGL tab which may help with the display.

Would it be possible to know your video card model?

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi,
I am also having issues with a black screen when i draw… :frowning: I’m not really tech savvy but according to what it says from my Device Manager under Display Adapers, i think my video card is “Mobile Intrel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family”. Could that be the problem?

Edit: Sorry, i meant “Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family”

Hi Jenny,

Did you try to change the Renderer from OpenGL to Direct3D in the Display tab of Toon Boom Studio’s preferences? Once you have done that make sure to close and reopen the software.

The card you have most likely will have difficulties handling OpenGL 2.0 but it should be ok for Direct3D. If you still have issues you might want to disable some of the Display options in the preferences as well.

Best regards,

Ugo

Here is some information on troubleshooting your Intel Video Card

http://www.toonboom.com/support/kb/questions/177/Troubleshooting-Integrated-Intel-Graphic-Cards

Simon.

changing it to Direct3D worked thanksss :smiley:

Hi all,
So I’m running Toon Boom Animate Pro2, I’m having the issue where the screen is turning black, and everything I draw doesn’t show up until after I release the mouse button.
I can’t find a “Display” option under the preferences tab, to switch from OpenGL to Direct3D.
Can someone give me the alternate instructions?
Thanks!

Hi
This is Toon Boom Studio forum that for Animate Pro 2, you have to go to Animate Pro 2 forum ļ. Which video card are you using? Please note that Animate Pro requires video card fully supporting OpenGL 2.x for fine display and fast playback. This mostly found in Nvidia and few in ATI (3.2). Check more details about supported video card requirement for Animate Pro on Animate Pro section in Toon Boom at http://beta.toonboom.com/professionals/animate-pro/features