Better timeline organization

As always, feel free to tell me how to do this if it’s already possible, but I’d love to see a better way of organizing layers in the timeline. My files seem to accrue many layers, and I just wish that I could group some into folders that I can shove away so I can just focus on layers I’m using at the time. When I first started using Flash I was taught to animate within symbols within symbols within symbols mainly so your timelines would be more manageable. I get that Animate is not really meant to use this method but I sometimes resort to it so that I don’t have to scroll around forever to find the lower leg I’m looking for. Again, if there’s already a solution out there that I’m unaware of please share!

Pegs and groups. Then you can expand and collapse.

Ah-ha! Thanks for that - for some reason I never saw the grouping option which is exactly what I’ve been looking for. I think it’s safe to delete this topic Lilly!

I never understand the purpose of using Groups. When are groups usefull?

It is much for useful in the pro version of the software for keeping network view manageable. It basically creates a network view just for items in that group.

In the standard version it is really just a watered down peg.

oh ok thanks, cause I have never came across a situation where it would be usefull

I’ll leave it up here in case it helps someone else in the future. :wink:

~Lilly