Better default colors

Let me start off by saying I love the Toon Boom product line. The applications and their features.

The only problem I have is the default colors. I know I can add my own colors and that I don’t have to use the ones supplied by default. I think that having a color palette instead of such vibrant and unusable colors would set Studio and Animate apart from all the other applications out there. I know it takes time for many to get started setting up new palettes for projects. I spend extra time loading custom pallets and copying colors over to a new palette because I don’t use any of the default colors (except for black and white). A good example of default colors would be ones taken from the old looney toon cartoons and old Disney movies. The colors had such warmth to them compared to what comes by default out of the box.

Granted this is my opinion and preference, but I was curious what others thought as well.

By the way you can change the default colors that appear in new scenes. You could change the default onces and then your starting colors would be closer to what you like.

You can find that palette in C:\Program Files\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony 9.2\etc<br />or
C:\Program Files\Toon Boom Animation\Animate\etc\ (or the corresponding place on Mac, I think /Application/ToonboomAnimate/tba/etc/

The file is default_palette.plt. You just have to change the name and RGBA values. Keep the 0x00000…3 or 4 as is and it should work.