Best way to remove an invisible line inside a drawn path

I havent really found out the best way to do this.

I have made a closed patch and painted that. I add an invisible line that will work like some kind of shadow which means it cross the main patch 2 times and creates points on that patch.
Now if I want to remove that line. Can I do that without changing the first shape I made.
I enclosed an image to make this more understable.

/ Mattias

PS. There are other ways to make shadows of course. Just wanted to see how to solve this “problem” best. DS.

remove line_inside patch.jpg

Hi Mattias,

There will always be an invisible line separating the two zones, but when you draw an invisible line using the Stroke tool, it’s also an individual object on top of your drawing. You can delete that line and only have the actual contour stroke on the two different shapes. When you will show the invisible strokes, you will still see a separation.

To remove the extra stroke, you can either click on it with the Select tool and press delete (it’s a bit of work of precision here) or select the entire drawing and select Drawing > Clean Up > Remove Extra Stroke.

I hope this helps!

Marie-Eve

Yes, of course.
I did forget that. Did read about it not long ago.

I tested it.
Made a closed shape with invisible lines and draw an invisible line with the stroke tool across the shape.

I used the Remove Extra Stroke- function ( I was in the Drawing > Optimize - meny )
If I hade painted one of the areas with a new color I could not remove the line with this but when the whole shape had the same color it worked.

Great, Thanks!

/ Mattias

Hi Mattias,

You could also draw these lines in Auto-Flatten mode. You would only have to remove strokes outside the drawing using either the Cutter (Gestural mode) or Select tool.

Marie-Eve