Background - Constant

I’m sure this is a super simple, newbie question but I’ve read the docs and don’t see any answer.

I have imported an image for my background, how do I correctly create more frames for that background so it’s the background for the whole animation?

I looked at the quick start tutorial with a background and its frames have a pipe, “|”, in them which I assume means it isn’t copying the image, which would create a massive file, but is just saying “ditto” for those frames.

So, how do I make my single background image show up for the whole animation without copying it into every frame.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I’ve been banging my head against the wall all night, searching the web, reading the docs, looking at examples and I couldn’t figure it out to save my life… so the very second I break down and ask for help I find the answer.

To use the same image over multiple frames without copying them do this:

Right click on the frame in the timeline view, chose “Extend Exposure” and set it to the number of frames you need.

Just goes to prove that if you don’t know what you’re looking for it can be hard to find.

welcome to the fracas. i agree that the index sometimes doesn’t help very much unless you already know what you’re looking for. jk’s tutorials often have good clues about functionality (that site really helped me understand the camera view). just spending odd moments reading through the user’s guide was useful, too. and then there’s this forum.