Avengers Cartoon

Hey everybody!

Here’s my latest cartoon done in Toonboom Animate Pro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl2eu9Q9dcw

Obviously, I meant to release this around the time The Avengers was at the height of it’s popularity but I got sick for a couple of weeks so that really set me back.

Anyway, the short isn’t perfect, there’s some iffy animation throughout especially near the beginning, and the backgrounds could be better (anyone know a good background artist?) but there are a few bits of animation here and there that I’m satisfied with (my personal favorite is the Thor animation around the middle of the video, I think that whole chunk works really good).

Anyway, enough rambling. Enjoy the video guys! GO TOONBOOM! You guys are the best.

P.S.

For anyone who’s interested, here’s my storyboard/animatic(also drawn and edited in Animate Pro) if you want to compare to the final cartoon.

i very much enjoyed that. I also heard trollslayer voiceover which made me smile.

Thanks Raider! Yes, Troll Slayer AND Troll Slayer’s mom’s voice actors are both in this video :smiley:

This video would of actually worked well with trollslayer as the star.

Ya’know, I was just thinking of that the other day.

Awesome toon, would of liked to the Slayman also. Please keep em coming.

Thanks Chris!

For anyone who’s interested, here’s my storyboard/animatic (also drawn and edited in Animate Pro) if you want to compare to the final cartoon.

hah!

Loved the nicknames and Capn’ America. The humor is great and pretty well paced. I think my only crit is that the voices tend to sound pretty same-y. It’d be nice if there was more distinction between the characters.

Great work as always man!

Thanks! Glad you liked it. Pacing is something I’m really working on getting better at… that’s why I value storyboards and animatics so much.

I shall keep this in mind! Thanks for the feedback!

Very cool. Are you in L.A.? (Like me) I’d love to find someone local for Toonboom advice. I did an “Avengers” animation this summer too.
I’ll post it & you can check it out.
~ Justin

Thanks! Unfortunately I’m on the other side of the country :frowning: Do you ever attend the CTN Expo in Burbank? I’m usually there every year so maybe we can somehow meet up and I’ll give you some tips.

I’ll check out your cartoon soon. The internet connection here is slow so I’ll take a look when I get home tonight.