Auto Lip Sync Problems

Hi, I’m very new to using ToonBoom - my tutor recommended it because it would allow me to get it a lip sync done quickly.

I’ve drawn my mouth shapes out in Artrage and exported them as .png files with a transparent background. I’m importing them in onto a drawing layer that I have named “Mouths” and pretty much following both my tutor’s instruction on setting up the sound and lip sync as well as countless tutorials online.

The problem comes when I map all the mouth shapes. The names are correct and correspond to the right shapes, but the moment I finish mapping them the mouth shapes either disappear from the screen completely or are all layered on top of each other and don’t move.

I’m at my wits end. I’m only using ToonBoom to do a simple quick lip sync and I can’t understand why this is not working! Do I have to redraw everything in ToonBoom or is there a problem with me exporting it? The .png files are being imported as symbols and even when I expand them it still doesn’t work.

Please, I am really unfamiliar with ToonBoom and my deadline is next week :frowning: :’(

As far as I know, the Auto Lip Sync feature doesn’t work with Symbols…?
Uncheck “Create Symbols for Imported Items” when importing…

If you prefer a Drawing Layer check “Vectorize Imported Items”…

Either scroll through the mouth-shapes and check in the Library-panel the Drawing Substitution Preview, including every mouth-shapes name…

Or hover over every cell in the Timeline and check the name…
(could be 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 or else)

Use these names when applying the Lip-Sync Mapping…

Regards
Nolan

Thank you so much! I can’t believe I overlooked something so simple >.<

On to the rest of the project! :smiley: