Assign shortcuts/actions to external midi controller?

Hello toon boom community!
I’m wondering if it is possible to assign actions/ shortcuts to an external midi controller (i.e. with pads, knobs and faders), in a way that you can tweak parameters in toon boom harmony (mostly node view).
I’m already using bome’s midi translator software to externally assign shortcuts to midi signals, but I didn’t find a way to assign for example toon boom sliders and master controllers to shortcuts.
I believe this would be a very useful feature for faster workflows (and fun:-)).
Any help or insight will be appreciated!

Hi @arc935,
I’ve been looking into doing that for a while as well !
But I don’t think Harmony allow it in ways like in a DAW.
I would really like to scroll the timeline with a fader for example…
I use controllerMate on Mac that helps with some workaround to make my workflow more enjoyable.
I also find that some buttons in Harmony’s UI are not assignable to shortcuts, and that’s a bit of a shame…

this is a great suggestion. lots of possibilities. master controller system is begging for this type of tangible control.

Click the Learn New Assignment button. Press the control surface button that you want to assign to the key command. This sends a MIDI message to Logic Pro.

navyarmyccu

Click the Learn New Assignment button. Press the control surface button that you want to assign to the key command. This sends a MIDI message to Logic Pro.

https://www.prepaidcardstatus.bid/