apply deformation to drawing

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with the following problem?

I’m trying to find a way to apply (bake) the deformations I did with transform, thus also creating a key every time, to the drawings themself.

I tried convert “deformed drawings to drawings” but that makes my drawing disappear. When I do the same thing for the whole layer, it creates a new empty drawing for every drawing.

I tried merge layers with another layer but get the message “merged drawings have been repositioned”, with the result that the transformation is lost.

The only thing that seems to work is selecting with the lasso tool the drawing and copy paste it to another layer… nice but time-consuming with multiple frames.

Thanks,
Pieter

Wow great!! I checked again if I could find a solution for the same problem a year ago. Works fine, although if I understand it only works when you use a deformer (like a curve deformer)… won’t work to bake a drawing animated with a peg.

I have the same problem.
I am trying to bake in a Warp-Mesh effect (in order to export as swf)

Similiar problem here.

So when I have the layer selected and go to Animation → Convert deformed drawing into drawings, I’m always getting the following error message:
"Deformed drawings can only be converted to normal drawings if they are under a deformation rig which supports multiple deformation chains.
I have absolutely no idea where to find or how to enable “multiple deformation chains”. Even the deformation tutorials didn’t help me out.

Does anyone have a clue? Thank you.

Sorry but I have to push this thread to the top. Still having this issue. Is there really noone who can tell how to get rid of this error message?

“Deformed drawings can only be converted to normal drawings if they are under a deformation rig which supports multiple deformation chains.”

I’m still trying to convert a deformation to a normal drawing and it won’t work.

Assuming you already have one deformation applied on a drawing. Then select drawing, click on create new deformation chain button located in deformation toolbar. Now select the layer and you can convert it. I don’t know but I’ve tried in this way, may be there is any other way also.

Thanks for the reply, that’s it!

I found the button you mentioned but then the problem was that it makes my drawing lose it’s deformation.
Then I noticed the check box next to it and simply had to swap the deformation (there are two).

Works perfectly, thank you.

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that.