Any way to have zero ease as default for rotations?

I have a puppet and I am trying to make a walk cycle. I want everything to rotate smoothly - without easing in. Is there any way I can rotate with zero ease in/out without having to set them all as I go?

Hi,

Are you animating with the Transform tool or the IK tool.
The only place where you can have a default ease is with the IK tool if you set it in the Tool Properties view.

Marie-Eve

I’m using the transform tool. I am wanting an immediate transition (0 ease) whether it be XY movement or rotation. I can do that by going into “Set ease for multiple parameters” and set each frame to zero but that is very tedious.

I’m sure I want a motion keyframe. Here’s a screenshot. http://imgur.com/uhtzt.png

I’m not sure what the issue is really. I created a new scene with couple drawings, rotated one and moved the other to the right. Both automatically set an ease for any sort of translation. I don’t recall having this issue before SP1. I will try completely removing Animate and reinstalling it. Hopefully that will fix it.

Edit: It turns out I had Default Bezier and Default Bezier Velocity off. Once I switched them on it went back to normal.

By default there should be no ease. Are you seeing an ease when you use the Transform Tool or the Rotate tool?

~Lilly

There is no ease by default when you create a movement with the transform tool.

Is what you want in fact to have a stop-motion keyframe instead of a motion keyframe? Do you want one keyframe to jump to the next without interpolation? If this is the case, you can right-click on the first keyframe and "set Stop-Motion Keyframe"

If this isn’t the problem then kindly provide a screenshot of the Set Ease with Multiple Parameters window to show me what it looks like before and after. You can upload your screenshot to a free site like Photobucket then post the link here.

~Lilly

Ahhhhh, I finally understand. So instead of creating Bezier curves, it was creating Ease curves, and Ease curves cannot have direct interpolation. So sorry I didn’t think of this before! I never work with Ease curves so it just didn’t occur to me.

~Lilly