another problem with studio :(

whenever i import any .swf file , its few layers are always display on the top animation while viewing output file, i several times has made new drawing element on the top but they are also hidden by few flash elements …whats the problem with my studio ::slight_smile:

Hi Awais,

I’m not sure to fully understand the problem. Could you post some pictures of your problem so we get a better idea of what it is.

Thank you,

Ugo

let me explain u again , actually the problem is alll about layers , today i first time imported a flash file .swf , after that i decided to import my character which is entirly made in toon boom studio …the top most layer on timeline is for my character , and the rest are all layers of that imported flash file , but when i export my entire movie few portion of my charcater is hidden under few swf layers …it means that there are few layers of imported file which always display on top whether they r present in the bottom or top of the timeline … it may be another bug !

Hi Awais,

Mathieu has already posted a message that might come to help to you. Here is its content:

So in other words you should make sure that your Flash elements are further then your character in Z or that you set all your Flash elements as background in the property window.

Hope this helps you out.

Best regards,

Ugo

Why is it that every time a newbie can’t instaniously figure out what they are doing wrong, they write a post claiming defective software?

Check your top and side views in scene planning and make sure that your artwork is in front of your imported Flash art. Look at the front-back properties of elements etc. The order of things in the timeline is not the only thing that controls what is in front of what. You have 3D space in Toon Boom Studio. Also check your exposure sheet columns. Before you claim there are bugs in the software it might pay to learn how to use it. -JK

So in other words you should make sure that your Flash elements are further then your character in Z or that you set all your Flash elements as background in the property window.

Hope this helps you out.

Best regards,

Ugo

wow man u rock , i set my all flash layers as background , it is working for me …thanksalot :smiley:

Why is it that every time a newbie can’t instaniously figure out what they are doing wrong, they write a post claiming defective software?

Check your top and side views in scene planning and make sure that your artwork is in front of your imported Flash art. Look at the front-back properties of elements etc. The order of things in the timeline is not the only thing that controls what is in front of what. You have 3D space in Toon Boom Studio. Also check your exposure sheet columns. Before you claim there are bugs in the software it might pay to learn how to use it. -JK

lolz …JK …please dont blame new users , it all ur duty to guide them and lead them to a correct way …where u ppl have mantioned this thing in toon boom help file …i couldn’t find …if ur talkingh about bugs …then yes it has few bugs with illustrator files …even u cannot copy paste ur imorted illustrator elements directly on drawing view …therefore u cannot say that toon boom studio v3 is a perfect , ideal and bug free s/w :slight_smile:

@awais
let me explain something to you.

except for the toon boom support people (who are doing this as a voluntary favor, though, the software support is a paid service), we are all here private or corporated animators who have their work and deadlines.

we’re helping others not because it’s our duty, but because we are aware that others helped us, too, and we can always come to the point when we also need help. the other reason is our friendliness towards new people, because we know that they have a steep learning path.

but we invested many hours on research by ourselves and we sacrificed many months or years or even decades in order to achieve the skills through hard work.
cheers,
rob

yes rob ur right , i agree with u and i respect alot all those pplz here who r doing great job by sharing important animation concepts among new users …espacially i want to thankk JK …infact i dont know that who is member of toon boom company or who is doing voluntary job here …i hate when toon boom company sale their tutorials online , they should provide all resources free … :frowning:

You don’t really mean that. If all resources were free you would be paying about 3 or 4 times the price for the software.

As to who works for Toon Boom Technologies, look for the TBS after their name so that means Ugo and Mathieu are both Toon Boom representatives.

No one has ever claimed that any software application is flawless. What you have picked up during the past few months of visiting these forums is the misconception that you need to cry “BUG” to get attention. That is not true. In fact it is a form of “cyber extortion”. Many people think that they can extort services or special treatment from a company by publicly bad mouthing their products on the Internet. There are enough rude, ignorant people who try that type of extortion here as it is, so we don’t need to encourage that form of behavior.

You ask good questions and we all try our best to promptly try to help you. But you and most of the rest of the people who cry “bug” everytime you can’t easily do something are being unfair to the community as a whole not just Toon Boom Technologies our host. Start out by assuming that you just haven’t used the software correctly and keep that assumption until someone with a TBS after their name specifically says there is a known software flaw.

I use this software daily and I’m still learning new features and techniques of how to do things every day. TBS is not flawed software, in fact it is very sophisticated and complex and takes significant time to really master. We as a community all want to work together to spread knowledge and experience and help those who are just starting out.

One last piece of insight. Trying to provide software that integrates with an almost infinite set of constantly changing system configurations and other external software applications is technically a huge challenge particularly for sophisticated graphics based applications. There will always be issues and compatability problems. Those are not bugs, they are normal interactivity issues that exist and always will exist as long as we live in a multi-vendor none standardised constantly changing world. -JK

@awais
actually, i’ve never needed to pay for the learning.
there is a great (and free) 450-page user guide, there are great (though a bit outdated) video tutorials by steve ryan:
http://www.steveryan.net/Tutorials/Toonboom.htm
and also the own toonboom video demos in the features section:
http://www.toonboom.com/products/toonBoomStudio/features.php
and tutorials in the elearning section:
http://www.toonboom.com/products/eLearning/tutorials/index.php

last but not least there is a vast amount of information in all forum postings, it’s enough to use a search function.

if anybody doesn’t have time or is not willing to search, then to pay for an instant information is fair enough, i think.
cheers,
rob

@ JK
ok guys i am really very sorry that i said , infact i cried BUG :smiley: here …i want to inform all visitors of this forum that toon boom studio is completly bug free s/w …perfect tool (Y)
ok on the other point sorry JK i disgaree with u … there is not only toon boom studio in the animation world there are others famous tools in animation world like moho , mirage etc… are they taking money for tutorials and explanations …look at their web site and resources , i am deeply impressed by video tutorials provided by mirage site …
very soon i will post all my problems with illustrator files in very detail …and i will try to provide screenshots too , but i remember my studio was working very fine without illustrator drawing elements but after that it crushes alot …anyway i will post details very soon …
in the end thank u so much for informing me toon boom’s representative’s names …:slight_smile:

@ gester…
believe me i hv visited all these links which u provided me in ur last post …i hv explored so many animations links …which are provided by different sites like this toon boom site and JK’s site …and yes i hv learned alot the concept about animations …but when i come to implement very simple walk cyle of my any simple character with cut out animation , i always fail …and i dont know where i m doing mistake …recently i got news that toon boom team is selling walkcycle tutorials in the form of pdf documents …that made me really mad …these are very basic things …walkcyle is very simple animations …at least this kind of things should be provided to common users for free … thats what i am trying to say !

You are free to choose whatever applications you so desire. That is your choice. But your implication is that those other product are providing better value. I think you had best spend some careful research time on that assumption before you state it as a fact.

The majority of TBS competitors sell for $500 and up. I have been doing this for many years and have associates that use every single one of those other products and no one believes that any of them are out right superior in terms of cost or ease of usage. They all have steep learning curves and truthfully it is usually more trouble to switch applications because they are all different in how they operate. You post questions here and you get prompt and excellent advice for free. If you want to learn faster then buy the tutorials they are a bargin, they are expertly written and full of tips and tricks and far more than just an addendum to a users guide. They contain detailed step by step instruction and supporting files and materials. I hope that Toon Boom will be successful producing them and will hopefully keep adding more and more to the work out series. The free tutorials that you have seen are great too, but they are pale in comparison with the in depth material provided in the work out series. The beauty is that those people who want to pay for this expert instruction can do so and those who don’t want to pay for instruction can still get forum help. -JK